Tu-Shonda Whitaker is Coming to Chicago!


DaBook Joint online bookstore will be hosting Street Lit. Queen Tu-Shonda Whitaker for a book signing this Saturday in Chicago.   Whitaker is one of my favorite Street Lit. authors.  My favorites are, "Flip Side of the Game" and "Game Over."  Her recent release, "Money Never Sleeps" is another page turner.   If you are not familiar with her adult titles, you may be more familiar with her teen series written under the name of NiNi Simone, check out her website devoted to teen readers - http://www.ninisimone.com/, my students just love it.  I just can't wait to get my books signed for my teens.
The event will be held at the Temple Art Gallery, 1749 South Halsted this Saturday from 4pm to 7pm.   

Please make sure that you review the above flyer and RSVP with the owner, Miss Verlean.  Come out to Da Book Joint and support an African-Author and a African-American owned bookstore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment