Check Me Out!
The blog was also created because I was awarded a huge library grant by my school district.
See the first blog post called, A New Adventure . The new blog, The Audacious Librarian represents my style of librarianship.
- I am a librarian that is a hip hop/house music head, plays reggae music in her library.
- I am a librarian that promotes and defends the use of Street Lit. books for teens.
- I am a librarian that cares about her students and as the kids say, "Get in their heads" when they need it.
- I am a librarian that speaks up, speaks her mind and will do things that others may be afraid to do. (which has also gotten me into trouble!)
- I AM THE AUDACIOUS LIBRARIAN!
When you have a chance, check out The Audacious Librarian.
Here's two recent blog posts that you may enjoy!
The Audacious Librarian: Get Ready, Get Set, READ!: Yesterday the NOOK Street Lit. Book Club at Phillips met for the very first time. The NOOKs were purchased through a VITAL Grant that was...
The Audacious Librarian: NOOKs in the Classroom - Part I: The day has finally come. The NOOK Simple Touch e-Readers were introduced Ms Tillman's reading classes. These students were selected becau...
Coming soon: Book review of "Project Queen" by Teresa Patterson and interview of author Earl Sewell.