This Was An Honor

I met Dr. Vanessa Irvin Morris years ago at the American Library Association annual convention in Washington, D.C.   We appeared together on a very large panel discussion hosted by the Public Library Association.  Years later, I'm still in awe of her scholarly work and advocacy for the Street Literature genre.  Recently, I had to give a presentation on a scholar for my doctoral program.  I think you can guess who I selected.  :-)

Below is the presentation about Dr. Vanessa Irvin Morris, just click the link provided below and you will be redirected to my slideshare account.  In addition, I've also embedded links to two interviews she granted along with a video of my student describing why Street Literature is important to her and other students.  Dr. Irvin Morris, your work is beautifully spoken through the voice of a teen.  Thank you for your advocacy of this often times misunderstood and wonderful genre we call, Street Literature.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment