Principals Know: School Librarians are the Heart of the School
Quotes from Principals Know: School Librarians are the Heart of the School - - Having teacher librarians in elementary schools is essential.
- Librarians now work with students and teachers as an information agent.
- They teach teachers how to be better at their craft.
- I cannot imagine not having an information literacy professional in my building . . .
- Teacher librarians are the heart of the school and without a teacher librarian, there is no central focus on literature.
- The true indication of the value of our school librarian is found in the excitement that our students experience when visiting our library. It’s an obvious result of the librarian’s passion, making literacy a priority for all content areas in our building and all students and families.
- School libraries and school librarians contribute in rich and diverse ways to the intellectual life of a school.
- I’m a huge advocate for bringing librarians into the forefront and bringing libraries into the forefront of thinking about urban school reform.
- Our librarian is a member of our leadership team. She assists with the decision making that the team has to do.
- I am not really sure what we would do without that resource . . . I’ve worked in other systems where that is one of the first things that gets cut and I would be holding on to the library teacher kicking and screaming if they told me we had to lose that out of the budget.