I promise all of you, a book review and my pictures  from the recent ALA Conference will be up within the next couple of days.  Ever since I returned from the conference, I've been on fast forward.  In the mean time, I hope you will be able to help me promote the following announcement below.

LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 70 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects users to trusted contacts and helps them exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.  Librarians have a large and active presence on this social networking site. 


LinkedIn has a new group/new page called Urban Fiction. Lovers, authors, librarians and reviewers of the genre can join this group can meet here to discuss everything related to Urban Fiction/Street Literature. The group/page was created by another lover of  the genre, Keishia Garnett, Manager of the Indian Trails Public Library in Illinois.


Log onto: http://www.linkedin.com/  and search for Urban Fiction under the Groups option. Please consider joining the discussions and posting information to the page. 
 
I think we can all say the Urban Fiction/Street Literature genre is getting allot of attention. 
 
More to come soon!  K.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment